PROJECT DEADLINE IS EXTENDED TO JANUARY 31, 2013!
Citrus Heights K-8 Students! Enter your chance to win a prize by submitting a video about walking or biking to school in Citrus Heights. The video should be fun, encouraging, and should promote walking or biking to school. Please read all rules and regulations below; the contest will end on January 31st, 2013.
Video Contest Submission[contact-form-7 404 "Not Found"]
Rules and Regulations
1. Description of the contest: The Citrus Heights Walk+Bike to School Video Contest (“Contest”), sponsored by the Citrus Heights School Walkability project (“Sponsor”), is designed to give Entrants (“Entrants”) the opportunity to submit videos of their own creation that highlight the physical, social and environmental benefits of walking and/or biking to and from school. The Contest will be split into three categories: Entrants from grades Kindergarten through 3, Entrants from grades 4 and 5, and Entrants from grades 6 through 8. The Prizes will be awarded to the Entrants who submit the best entries as determined by the judges in their sole discretion in accordance with these Official Rules.
2. Eligibility: This Contest is open only to students from Kindergarten through 8th grade that live in or attend school in Citrus Heights, California.
3. Submission Requirement and Uploading Your Video:
The Sponsor is looking for videos no longer than five (5) minutes that are educational, fun, and encourage the use of walking and/or biking to school in Citrus Heights.
The Contest begins on October 3rd, 2012 and ends at midnight PST on January 31st, 2013 (“Contest Period”). To enter, Entrants must upload their video submission (“Submission”) to YouTube, and link to the YouTube Submission on the Contest Website, www.walksacramento.org/videocontest. Entrants must follow the online instructions and fill all fields on the Contest Website which include: first name, last name, YouTube Submission URL, valid email address, home or parent/guardian telephone number, school, and grade in school. Eligible Entrants include individuals, groups, and classrooms. If the Submission is created by a group or classroom, one member of the group or classroom must be designated as the Primary Entrant.
The following must be completed or met before the end of the Contest Submission Period (January 31st, 2013) in order for a Submission to be eligible for Contest consideration:
- Video must be uploaded to YouTube.
- Submissions must be entered on the Contest Website.
Sponsor or its designated representatives reserve the right to disqualify any Submission that does not conform to these Official Rules. Limit one (1) Submission per person during the Contest Period. Only one Submission per Entrant can win.
Uploading Your Video Submission
Contestants must upload Submissions to YouTube and then submit the link on the Citrus Heights Walk+Bike to School Contest Website at www.walksacramento.org/videocontest.
All Submissions from the same person or email address in excess of the stated limit will be disqualified. By entering the Contest, Entrant agrees, acknowledges and understands that all Submissions may be posted on the Site for viewing by the general public and grants the Sponsor in perpetuity a nonexclusive license to publish, display, reproduce or otherwise use the Submission for the Sponsor and its designees in its sole discretion whatsoever and without further notice or compensation. Sponsor does not guarantee the continued posting of any Submission and reserves the right to delete a Submission for any or no reason.
- The Submission will be submitted to either the K-3rd grade category, 4th and 5th grade category, or the 6th-8th grade category based on the grade of the Primary Entrant.
- Prizes will be awarded to each First, Second, and Third place winner in each Contest category in accordance with section 5 of these Official Rules.
- The Submission must be your own original work, created solely by you or your group; must not have been previously published, released or distributed in any form; must not have won any previous award; and must not infringe the copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity, or other personal or proprietary rights of any person or entity.
- Potential Entrants should contact WALKSacramento at 916-446-9255 if he or she plans on submitting an entry.
- The Submission must not contain or reference any names, products or services of any company or entity or any third party trademarks, logos, trade dress or promotion or any brand, product or service.
- Submissions that are lewd, obscene, sexually explicit, or Submissions that otherwise contain inappropriate content of objectionable material may not be submitted and may be removed at any time in Sponsor’s sole discretion.
Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any Submission that it believes violates or potentially violates any of the foregoing requirements or otherwise fails to comply with any provision of these Official Rules or the Site Usage Agreement for the Site. The decisions of Sponsor on this and all matters pertaining to the Contest shall be final and binding with no right of appeal.
Entrants agree to indemnify and hold Sponsor harmless from and against any suits, claims, losses, damages, and expenses, including reasonable attorney fees that may arise from or in connection with any Entrant’s Submission and the use and or display of the Entrant’s Submission.
4. Finalists Selection: Sponsor will select three (3) finalists from each Contest category for a total of nine (9) prize winners by February 8th, 2013. Submissions will be judged based on the following categories: creativity & originality, quality, and appropriateness to theme.
Winners will receive a notice (“Prize Notice”) via email and telephone no later than February 8th, 2013. The email will be sent to the email address provided by Entrant or Primary Entrant in the Submission process. The Prize Notice will contain a notice to accept the Prize – if the Entrant or Primary Entrant fails to respond by February 13th, 2013 the prize will be forfeited, the Submission disqualified, and another Submission selected.
5. Prizes and approximate retail value: The Prizes will be awarded to the Entrants who submit the best entries as determined by the judges in their sole discretion in accordance with these Official Rules. The Prizes will be awarded to the winning Entrants at the City of Citrus Heights City Council meeting on February 14th, 2013. Each Contest will have a first prize, second prize, and third prize winner. Entrants of the prized Submissions may select a gift card for the following amounts at City Bicycle Works, Sports Authority, or Big 5.
- First prize of a $250 gift card
- Second prize of a $100 gift card
- Third prize of a $50 gift card
Prizes must be accepted as awarded and no cash equivalent is available. The prizes are neither refundable nor transferable. Prizes will only be awarded to the Primary Entrant whose information is entirely filled on the Submission form. It is the responsibility of the Primary Entrant to distribute the Prize to all credited Entrants. Please allow two weeks to receive the Prize from the date of being declared the winner in accordance with these Official Rules.
In addition, the classroom(s) of the First prize winner for each Contest category will receive $250 to spend for the classroom. The classroom can decide how to spend the credit; the Sponsor suggests the credit be spent on safety or active transportation materials and supplies.
6. Grant of rights: All Entrants grant Sponsor the right to display their Submissions of at the Site for purposes of this Contest although this will have no impact on determining the eligible winners in this Contest. Finalists further grant Sponsor the right to display their Submissions on third party sites such as facebook.com, walksacramento.org, www.citrusheights.net, and www.sanjuan.edu for promotional purposes.
7. Conditions of participation:
Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion, to modify the terms and conditions of the Contest, cancel, terminate, and/or suspend the Contest and to disqualify any Entrant that tampers with the entry process, violates these official rules, or acts in a disruptive or unsportsmanlike manner. Without limiting the foregoing, Sponsor may reject any Submission, if in Sponsor’s sole judgment, the Entrant has been disqualified, has questionable eligibility or is otherwise ineligible to enter or participate.
By participating in this Contest all Entrants agree to release, indemnify and hold harmless the Sponsor from and against any liability, injury, death, loss or damages to Entrant or any person or entity, including without limitation damage to personal or real property, caused in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, by reason of their participation in this Contest (or related activities) or their acceptance, possession or use/misuse of a prize.
Except where prohibited, Entrants hereby grant Sponsor the right to use their names, likenesses, voices, opinions and biographical information for publicity or promotional purposes.
- Entry errors/Internet
Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, damaged, stolen, invalid, unintelligible or misdirected Submissions. Sponsor is not responsible for lost or late Submissions nor for electronic transmission errors resulting in omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of Entrant’s Submissions, or for technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware or software malfunctions or limitations of any kind, or inaccurate transmissions of or failure to receive entry information by Sponsor on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any Web site or any combination thereof. If for any reason the program is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Contest, the Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to terminate the contest. Further the sponsor reserves sole discretion to disqualify any individual, who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest. Sponsor reserves the right to select winners from eligible Submissions received during the Contest Period. If there is a dispute as to the identity of the Entrant, the prize will be awarded to the authorized account holder of the email address. The “authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person to whom the email address is assigned by an internet provider, online service provider or other organization such as a business or educational institution that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. An Entrant may be required to provide proof that he/she is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the selected Submission.
8. Privacy: By participating in this Contest, an entrant grants to the Sponsor the right to use his/her likeness and name, mailing address, including city of residence, telephone number and email address (“Personal Information”) without further permission or compensation for the purpose of administering the Contest including but not limited to, contacting and announcing the winner and acknowledges that the Sponsor may disclose the Personal Information to third parties or service providers of the Sponsor in connections with the foregoing. By accepting a prize in this Contest, winner grants to the Sponsor the right to use their Personal Information including any photographs or comments for publicity and promotional purposes relating to the Contest without compensation or further permission and acknowledges that the Sponsor may disclose the Personal Information to third parties or service providers of the Sponsor in connections with the foregoing.