Sacramento Grid 2.0 is the City’s plan to integrate a number of planned transportation improvements and programs and to further enhance the downtown grid to meet the following goals:
- Create downtown gateways and corridors worth visiting
- Improve connections between neighborhoods and the downtown core, especially for biking, walking and transit trips
- Protect neighborhood streets as places where parents feel safe for their children to walk and bike
- Improve transit circulation and efficiency with transit stops and stations that make rail and bus travel a pleasurable experience
- Enhance commercial corridors for safe walking and cycling and accommodating both through and local traffic
The City of Sacramento is studying how to improve the Downtown Grid and wants everyone to voice their opinion. The questionnaire asks people to list challenges to getting around and for suggestions for improvements. To participate, visit: http://www.sacgrid.com/strategies-improve-grid.