Inter-Regional Trail Master Plan
To support The City of Elk Grove’s work toward improving priority areas along the Laguna Creek Inter-Regional Trail, our team will be facilitating community outreach and engagement efforts to advise on the revision of the Laguna Creek Inter-Regional Trail Master Plan. A Community Advisory Group (CAG), representative of the area’s community members, will be formed in early Fall 2021 to guide the plan’s development process and ensure it is rooted in community priorities. The CAG will be integral to addressing barriers to trail access, help facilitate further community engagement, and ensure project recommendations and solutions support connectivity to community assets and essential destinations like schools, public transit, employment centers, medical services, and recreational amenities.
Click here to visit the City of Elk Grove’s website for more information about the project.
Community Engagement Facilitator
City of Elk Grove, GHD
August 2021 – October 2022
Applications for the Community Advisory Group
Thank you for your interest in joining the LCIRTMP Community Advisory Group! An update
with the status of your application will be sent out by September 12th. Please note the first meeting
is scheduled to be held sometime in September 15 – 17 depending on the availabilities
of the selected CAG. Please hold the date and time that you have marked in your interest form.
About the Community Advisory Group:
The Laguna Creek Inter-Regional Trail (LCIRT) Master Plan project team is guided by a 10-member Community Advisory Group (CAG) to help advise the process of development and ensure the plan is rooted in community priorities. The main responsibilities of the CAG are to help design an effective community engagement process, to attend regular meetings, and to encourage community participation in this project.
Applications closed 11:59 PM on Tuesday, September 7th, 2021
Community Advisory Group Responsibilities:
- Attend 6 CAG meetings/workshops to be held throughout the project between September 2021 and August 2022.
- Provide guidance to the LCIRT Master Plan team on community engagement events, trail design concept, features, and alternatives.
- Actively promote community engagement events/workshops and connect project team with residents and community leaders to participate in community events.
Ideal Group Structure:
- Youth representative (2)*
- Elk Grove Community member (3)*
- South Sacramento Community member (2)*
- Active Transportation Advocate or Regional Parks representative (1)
- Trails Committee representative (1)
- Disability Advisory Committee representative (1)
* = eligible for direct stipend of $75 per meeting attended