- A campaign to reduce the number of pedestrian deaths to ZERO. It involves a culture change to reclaim streets for people rather than cars, and relies on significant collaboration across agencies, organizations, and community residents to work towards improving street safety.
- Complete Streets: A nationwide campaign helps communities understand the safety, economic and quality of life benefits. Join the Complete Streets Coalition of Sacramento.
Development Review: One of the foundations of safe, walkable communities is the built environment. The design of buildings and streets, the relationship between buildings and the street, and the arrangement of land uses influence people’s decision to walk or not.
- Safe Routes to School (SRTS): Safe Routes to School is a national and international movement to create safe, convenient, and fun opportunities for children to bicycle and walk to and from schools.
- Design 4 Active Sacramento (D4AS): D4AS, an Advisory Council to WALKSacramento, is working to improve public health by shaping the built environment to better support walking, biking, and other healthy activities. The council members represent a spectrum from active practitioners of public health to planners and designers of the built environment.
- Plan4Health: Plan4Health is a multi-year effort that strengthens the connection between planning and public health.